Rainforest's Developer Experience (DevX) allows your technical team to write Rainforest tests within their text editor, preventing any disruption to their workflow.
This video and document will walk you through step-by-step setup and usage of DevX.
Reasons the Dev Experience is Awesome
- Fits developers existing workflow
- Seamless experience for rest of team (tests are in Rainforest too)
- Tests in the same place as/side-by-side with the code being tested.
Diagram of how the Dev Experience fits in typical git-workflow
How to install rainforest-cli
If you're on a Mac and use brew, you may run:
brew install rainforestapp/public/rainforest-cli
Otherwise, you can directly download and install the rainforest-cli.
The Developer Experience is Open Source (public repository on Github)
- Please contribute/fork if you’d like to see new features or fix any functionality
File format is .rfml
- RFML are text files that can be changed and saved with any text editor.
- Can be tracked with any version control software
Can be included in any automated scripts during release process
Written in Go
- If you don’t want to use Go, you can import tests to the API with JSON