This document walks through step-by-step instructions to set up your JIRA integration.
Set up JIRA fields
In order to properly post issues to JIRA, the following fields must be enabled for your desired project:
- Issue Type
- Summary Description
In addition, any fields other than those above can not be configured as required fields.
Set up a Rainforest Application Link
- Click 'Applications', then 'Application Links'.
- Enter Rainforest's URL (https://www.rainforestqa.com/), and click to create a new link. Click 'Continue' to set up.
- Enter any application name, then continue to save your application link
Configure your integration settings within JIRA
- Click Edit, then select 'Incoming Authentication'
- Enter the following required information for OAuth (1.0) authentication:
[anything you like]
RSA Public Key
-----BEGIN PUBLIC KEY-----MIIBIjANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQEFAAOCAQ8AMIIBCgKCAQEA4edeTLpAi2vLpOPYMtyN53RktN8qIMXNuSacUJazjiBRCIfOmbm1zIlxTvTKnHN+eEWhTSbJzEobA16lBQnB4qmQL0sNmkUPrYHhAytyvBy1rcK1RWIe5ak1Je0opHx9D3QvVIKyOoRsL5trfOV91znPrO69PVNci+X/z2fEWeZSnLdqEG75KgVdQzGaaSGIo5DFz66WBG0RmCsFMTYrsi1ZhmFBLjiD7wXFJj76KF5nQpTeNJq1Grpy/QXg+vt65u0TPrq+6wa3TLOJCEX8VT5eNtfqUmWT3Bka6YOzs7UJQu2lIFIagQmbtj/Fs5lkVa2O5Escv0vP2gAGqiFjWwIDAQAB
-----END PUBLIC KEY-----
Configure your integration within Rainforest
- In your Settings scroll down to the Test Failure section
- Fill out the form fields with the URL to your JIRA subdomain for the 'URL to your JIRA Integration' and 'OAuth Server URL' fields.
- The standard format of the other fields are:
- Request Token Path: /plugins/servlet/oauth/request-token
- Authorization Path: /plugins/servlet/oauth/authorize
- Access Token Path: /plugins/servlet/oauth/access-token
- The Project Key is the project key you set up initially during your JIRA setup
- Click 'Approve Access' - Make sure you are logged in to both Rainforest and JIRA as a admin
- Click 'Enable manual error reporting' to enable manually submitting errors to JIRA when viewed in the Rainforest UI (https://help.rainforestqa.com/developer-tools/integrations/jira-export-button)
- The URL you input for the "Oauth Server URL" is often the same URL as the one you input for "URL to your JIRA integration"
- For the "Request Token Path", "Authorization" Path and "Access Token" Path fields, input the path only; you do not need to include a full URL.