After you've built your test suite, even if it's only a single test, the next step is to run them to get results. You can run with several different browsers, schedule them to be run at times convenient for you, and preview what the testers will see before starting the job. These topics are covered in separate articles here in the Runs section.
Starting at your Tests dashboard, select the test(s) you want to run by navigating to the ‘All Tests’ page.
- Use our array of filters on the left-hand side of the page to narrow down which test(s) you want to run.
- Select the test and select 'Run' from the action bar.
- Rainforest will then ask you to select the platforms you would like to run the test on. You can optionally provide an arbitrary description for this run before confirming the run.
Visit this article to learn about Organizing Your Tests by Features.
Trigger a run of a Feature in one of three ways:
- On the Features page, click the "Run Feature" button and select the settings that you want to run with.
- Run using the CLI with the command run
- Add the feature to a run group using the "Add to Run Group" button (see below for more information on how to execute test runs in a run group)
Visit this article to learn about Organizing and Executing Tests with Run Groups.
Trigger a run group to run in one of three ways:
- On the Run Group page, click the “Run” button. You can either use the default Run Group settings or update for the specific run in the Run modal.
- Run from the CLI using the run
--run-group [ID]command to trigger a run
- Schedule: Any run groups with schedules will run based on that schedule (hit the wrench icon to edit the schedule).
Visit this article to learn about Organizing Tests with Saved Filters
There are 3 ways to run saved filters:
- Open the saved filter from the Filters panel, select some or all of the tests, click the “Run” icon, and select platforms to run your tests
- Run from the CLI using the command rainforest run
- Select the tests from the saved filter view to add to a run group and trigger the run group
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] or through Intercom!
Updated 5 months ago