Rainforest servers are housed in Germany, and by extension, traffic hitting your site(s) for testing from Rainforest is also coming from Germany. You may want to change that for a few reasons. Some sites block traffic from certain global regions or the application may default language or currency based on where it believes the traffic is coming from.
While our virtual machines are routed to Germany as the default location, you can designate another location to route your tests with Geolocation. Please ensure that you know white the IPs. You can route your test traffic from the following locations:
- 126.96.36.199 - Australia (Sydney, New South Wales, Australia)
- 188.8.131.52 - Canada (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
- 184.108.40.206 - USA (New York City, New York, USA)
- 220.127.116.11 - Singapore
You may set Geolocation at:
- The individual test level
- The run group level
- The account level
To set a default location for all your runs at an account-level, please contact us at [email protected].
You may set the geolocation at the individual test-level. If you don't set anything, the default will be used. This needs to be done for any test you want to run with a specific geolocation.
- Go to the test you wish to set the geolocation for
- Select Test-Level Run Settings (edit). For Rainforest Automation, select Settings, then Test-Level Run Settings (edit).
- Select the desired Location on the popup
- Select Save
- If geolocation is set at the run-level, you will have the option to override the test-level geolocation.
- The IP address of the selected location must be whitelisted.
You may set the geolocation at the run group-level. If you don't set anything, the default will be used.
- Select the run group you wish to set the geolocation for
- Select Edit (the wrench next to the run group name)
- Select the desired Location from the popup
- Select Test-Level Run Settings if desired
- Select Save
- If the checkbox for Test-Level Run Settings is selected, the test-level geolocation and browser selection of individual tests will be used.
- If the checkbox for Test-Level Run Settings is deselected, the run group-level geolocation, browser(s), and other setting selections of the run group will override the test-level settings.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] or through Intercom!
Updated 2 months ago