This document walks through step-by-step instructions to set up your JIRA integration.
Set up JIRA fields
In order to properly post issues to JIRA, the following fields must be enabled for your desired project:
- Issue Type
- Summary Description
In addition, any fields other than those above can not be configured as required fields.
Set up a Rainforest Application Link
To set up Rainforest as an Application Link you will need JIRA admin access for the menu below to appear and to use it. If you do not see Application Links in your JIRA instance, contact your JIRA admin.
1. From the main view of JIRA click on the settings Gear and choose “Products” from the modal:
2. Click on “Application Links”
3. Enter “https://www.rainforestqa.com/” into the field and hit enter
4. Click “Continue” (You may see an error stating "No response was received from the URL you entered." This is OK and clicking continue will allow you to proceed with the configuration).
5. Enter any name for the application and click “Continue”
6. Viewing a list of your application links, click on the pencil to the right of your link to edit
7. Select “Incoming Authentication”
8. Enter “WjEUyzd78JaUeGgYWrDZNw” for the Consumer Key
9. Enter any name for Consumer Name
10. Enter the following for the Public Key:
-----BEGIN PUBLIC KEY-----MIIBIjANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQEFAAOCAQ8AMIIBCgKCAQEA4edeTLpAi2vLpOPYMtyN53RktN8qIMXNuSacUJazjiBRCIfOmbm1zIlxTvTKnHN+eEWhTSbJzEobA16lBQnB4qmQL0sNmkUPrYHhAytyvBy1rcK1RWIe5ak1Je0opHx9D3QvVIKyOoRsL5trfOV91znPrO69PVNci+X/z2fEWeZSnLdqEG75KgVdQzGaaSGIo5DFz66WBG0RmCsFMTYrsi1ZhmFBLjiD7wXFJj76KF5nQpTeNJq1Grpy/QXg+vt65u0TPrq+6wa3TLOJCEX8VT5eNtfqUmWT3Bka6YOzs7UJQu2lIFIagQmbtj/Fs5lkVa2O5Escv0vP2gAGqiFjWwIDAQAB
-----END PUBLIC KEY-----
11. Click “save”
12. Go to your Rainforest Settings > Integrations Page and start a new Test Failure integration
13. Enter the project key from your project (found in the main JIRA view in the Key column)
14. Enter the URL to your JIRA project
15. In OAuth Server URL place the same URL as in step 14
16. Click Approve Access
- Note, you must be logged into both JIRA and Rainforest as an administrator
17. Click “Allow” on next window
18. Back in your Rainforest settings page, click “Test Webhook” within your JIRA integration to test that there are no errors.
- Clicking 'Enable manual error reporting' will enable manually submitting errors to JIRA when viewed in the Rainforest UI
- The URL you input for the "Oauth Server URL" is often the same URL as the one you input for "URL to your JIRA integration"
- For the "Request Token Path", "Authorization" Path and "Access Token" Path fields, input the path only; you do not need to include a full URL.
If you have questions, please reach out to email@example.com