Click-to-copy is a tool and syntax that allows text to be copied to the clipboard of the tester so that they can easily and accurately copy and paste specific text including static and variable data.
Here is text being formatted and what it looks like to the tester:
Add Click to Copy to my steps?
- While editing a step, highlight the text you wish to apply Click-to-Copy to.
- Click-to-Copy widget will appear.
- Click the click-to-copy widget to put highlighted text inside the “[[copy()]]” syntax.
- Click Save
Remove Click to Copy?
Delete all text in the [[copy()]] using your mouse and/or keyboard
Ex: highlight all "[[copy(email@example.com)]]", hit delete.
You will need to re-enter or original value such as "firstname.lastname@example.org"
Highlight all text in between the parenthesis in copy() and click the widget.
Ex: highlight "myemail@address,com" in "[[copy(email@example.com)]]", select the widget and the "[[copy( )]]" will be removed
NOTE: if you select "[[copy(firstname.lastname@example.org)]]" and then the Click-to-Copy widget it will apply Click to Copy to all of it.
When should I use Click-to-Copy?
Best practice suggests you use Click-To-Copy anytime when you want to fully ensure accurate input of data.
- Make step variables easily copy-able by the testers
- Whenever you want testers to copy and paste text (typically into a text field or while filling out a form)
If you have any questions about step formatting, please let us know at email@example.com!