How to execute a run of tests in Rainforest
After you've built your test suite, even if it's only a single test, the next step is to run them to get results. You can run with several different browsers, schedule them to be run at times convenient for you, and preview what the testers will see before starting the job. These topics are covered in separate articles here in the Runs section.
Run A Single Test or Multiple Tests
Starting at your Tests dashboard, select the test(s) you want to run by navigating to the ‘All Tests’ page.
- Use our array of filters on the left-hand side of the page to narrow down which test(s) you want to run.
- Select the test and select 'Run' from the action bar.
- Rainforest will then ask you to select the platforms you would like to run the test on. You can optionally provide an arbitrary description for this run before confirming the run.
Run a Feature
Visit this article to learn about organizing your tests by feature.
Trigger a run of a Feature in one of three ways:
- On the Features page, click the "Run Feature" button and select the settings that you want to run with.
- Run using the CLI with the command
run --feature [Feature_ID]
- Add the feature to a run group using the "Add to Run Group" button (see below for more information on how to execute test runs in a run group)
Run a Run Group
Visit this article to learn about organizing your tests by run group.
Trigger a run group to run in one of three ways:
- On the Run Group page, click the “Run” button. You can either use the default Run Group settings or update for the specific run in the Run modal.
- Run from the CLI using the
run --run-group [ID]command to trigger a run
- Schedule: Any run groups with schedules will run based on that schedule (hit the wrench icon to edit the schedule).
Run a Saved Filter
Visit this article to learn about organizing your tests by saved filters
There are 3 ways to run saved filters:
- Open the saved filter from the Filters panel, select some or all of the tests, click the “Run” icon and select platforms to run your tests
- Run from the CLI using the command rainforest
run --filter [Filter_ID]
- Select the tests from the saved filter view to add to a run group and trigger the run group