Ensuring that testers deliver high quality results
Delivering high quality results is our number one priority. This is the core Rainforest and we could write a whole book about how we do this. The following is a high level guide to how we do Quality Control (QC).
Every tester on Rainforest has a reputation score that is constantly adjusted based on their work. This is the foundation of our QC process.
Factors that impact a tester's Reputation Score:
- their agreement or disagreement with high ranking testers
- their agreement or disagreement with low ranking testers
- performance in our training tasks
- performance in challenge tasks
- their frequency of interaction with Rainforest
- their response time to new Rainforest jobs
Every tester goes through regular automated training, both at the beginning of their testing career and on an ongoing basis. This training is multi-faceted, some of the things that we focus on with training are:
- english comprehension and writing
- ability to follow nuanced instructions
- ability to correctly categorize bugs
- ability to intuitively understand web interfaces
We algorithmically review all results from testers in real time. This ensures high quality results while maintaining the speed that we're known for. Some of the things that the algorithm looks for today (this is constantly changing):
- agreement with other testers (weighted by reputation)
- past history of test
- time taken by the tester
- interactions by the tester with your website
- interactions by the tester across the rest of their system during the test
Hopefully that gives some insight into the immense work our algorithms (and team of engineers!) do to keep your Rainforest experience high quality and hassle-free. Please reach out if you have any questions or would like to learn more!