Desktop Virtual Machines
Rainforest desktop web platforms are virtual machines on which regular web regression tests can be run against.
What operating systems do our desktop VMs run on?
- Most Windows virtual machines run on Windows 7 Ultimate N (SP1) (64-bit), with specified VMs that run Windows 10 Pro (64-bit).
- OSX VMs currently run on OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 or OS X Mavericks 10.9.5 as indicated.
- Our Ubuntu virtual machines run Trusty LTS
Mobile Virtual Machines
Rainforest mobile virtual machines can be used for both mobile web regression tests and to test native mobile applications.
Are the Android and iOS mobile virtual machines real, physical devices?
Rainforest Android and iOS virtual machines are not real, physical devices; they are virtual machines spun up by Rainforest whenever they are requested for a test.
- Rainforest Android virtual machines utilize Android X86_64 Architecture to run a real Android OS that has been configured to run on desktop.
- Rainforest iOS virtual machines are iPhone simulators built on Xcode.
- Learn more about configuration requirements in our mobile section.
iOS and Android Real Devices
In partnership with Amazon Device Farm, Rainforest provides real devices on which native apps can be tested through the Rainforest platform.
iOS Real Devices
Android Real Devices
Additional information about the devices Rainforest provides can be found in Amazon Device farm's frequently asked questions section. Learn more about how to configure your app for Rainforest testing here.
If you have any questions regarding our platforms and devices, please let us know at email@example.com!