Compile and export your application for testing.
Note: Make sure the Android
.aab is compiled for x86, not ARM.
After setting up your application for testing, there are 3 options for uploading the app to Rainforest for testing:
- Uploading in-app
- Uploading via the CLI
- Uploading via a direct download link
If your app doesn’t load properly, check out Troubleshooting Mobile Builds.
Rainforest allows mobile app upload in your Sites and Environments settings.
- Click the Settings icon (gear) in the navigation bar, then click Sites.
- Select the Apps tab, then click the New Mobile Site link.
- Give the app a unique name.
- Select the appropriate app type and add any URL. Then, click Done.
- Click the Edit icon (pencil) next to the app you added. Then, click the Upload button.
To upload your mobile app via the CLI, install the Rainforest command-line interface. For more information, see How to Install the CLI.
- After setup, use the following CLI command to view your list of environments:
rainforest environments --token YOUR_TOKEN
- Use this command to view your list of sites:
rainforest sites --token YOUR_TOKEN
- Look up the relevant site ID and environment ID using the Sites and Environments page in Rainforest.
- Use this command to upload your app.
rainforest mobile-upload --token YOUR_TOKEN --site-id 1234 --environment-id 5678 my_app.apk
Note: Rainforest stores your app in a secure, nonpublic location.
- Return to the Settings page to view your newly uploaded app.
Use a direct download link as an alternative to uploading your app via the CLI or in-app.
- Compile and export your application for testing.
- Host your app somewhere that supports direct downloads. The hosted file URL must be a direct download link.
- Go to Settings > Sites.
- Under Apps, click the New Mobile Site link and set the type to “Android VM.”
- Add the URL for your direct download.
Rainforest automatically downloads and installs your Android application on our VMs from this URL when you run a mobile test.
- Use the "+ New Mobile Site" button to add another mobile application
- Repeat one of the options above to add more applications
If you have any questions, reach out to us at [email protected].
Updated about 1 month ago