Using static data, you can store and share a single, unchanging value across multiple tests. For example, you might define a placeholder called
test_credit_card_number that is replaced with “4422 4422 4422 4422” during a test run. Now, whenever you insert the placeholder in a test step, your app title appears during test execution.
If you want to change the value, update the static data on the Test Data settings page in your Rainforest account.
Note: Variables are now called test datatest data - Placeholders that allow you to inject other values into your tests. Rainforest supports three types: dynamic, static, and built-in..
- Select Test Data from the Settings menu.
- Click the Add New button to the right of Static Data.
- Key in the name. Note that it should be descriptive and easily understood by your team.
- Key in a description that explains the purpose.
- Create your rows of static data. Note that each row is a field-value pair.
- In the step editor, click Insert Test Data to display the dynamic data menu.
- Click any of the static data groups to reveal the choices.
- Select the data you want to insert.
If you have any questions, reach out to us at [email protected] or via the chat bubble below.
Updated 4 months ago