How to Import Tests from TestRail
Learn how TestRail customers can take advantage of Rainforest’s Test Writing Service.
Many Rainforest customers use TestRail to manage, track, and organize their software testing. Importing tests from TestRail into Rainforest allows you to offload any tests that are ready for your smoke or regression suites.
You can import test cases directly from TestRail into the Rainforest Test Writing Service (TWS). From there, trained test authors can convert them into Rainforest tests.
TestRail Export Requirements
Before attempting to export a test, make sure you’ve met the following requirements:
- TestRail version 5.2 or later
- Tests are organized by Projects, Suite, and Test Case
- Tests use these out-of-the-box fields:
Creating a TestRail Import Request in Rainforest
- Click the Test Writing Services icon (pencil & ruler) in the navigation bar.
- Click the New Test Suite Request button.
- Select “Import from TestRail” from the options.
- Sign in to TestRail.
- TestRail Instance URL. The address of your TestRail instance, such as
- User Name. The email address you use to connect to your TestRail instance.
- TestRail API Key. You can find your API key in your TestRail instance’s “My Settings.” For instructions, see TestRail API: Accessing the API .
- TestRail does not store screenshots in their API, so no screenshots can be imported.
- Testers cannot reference tests that aren’t imported.
If you have any questions, reach out to us at [email protected].
Updated over 1 year ago