Using the Visual Editor, you can create tests without any coding. A Visual Editor test is comprised of steps. Instead of plain-text instructions, you specify actions such as Click and Navigate. These steps tell the application how to interact with the page. For information on how to create a Visual Editor test, see this article.
There are five areas in the editor:
- Test Information
- Steps and Actions
- Save & Run
- Virtual Machine (VM)
This area provides details on:
- Test Name
- Last Run Status
- Last Modified by
Note: You can change the test name anytime by clicking the name and updating.
This is where you create your tests. As steps are added or changed, click the Preview Actions button to execute them in the VM. See the following articles for more information:
These icons provide direct access to actions and functionality to support test creation and management:
- Question Mark. Provides access to the Rainforest Help Center.
- Clock. Shows a test’s run history.
- Pencil and Ruler. If enabled, requests a test rewrite.
- Double Boxes. Duplicates the test. All information and settings are copied except for run history.
- Gear. Opens the Settings page. For more information, see the Visual Editor Test Settings Glossary.
The Virtual Machine (VM) provides a way to interact directly with the site being tested. The VM is used to capture UI elements, such as buttons, text fields, and text.
- By default, the VM location is the USA. For more information, see our geolocations article.
- The VM automatically loads the test’s default platform.
- Update the VM to a new platform on the Settings page. For more information, see the Visual Editor Test Settings Glossary.
- To reload the VM, click "Reset Machine" (under the "Run Test" button).
Some test data requires you to reset it before it can be reused. You can do this by resetting the Virtual Machine.
- Click Reset Machine in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- Click Reset Machine to reset the environment as well. For more information, see Using Test Data.
Use the Virtual Machine Console to see detailed information for debugging. To toggle the console open and closed:
- Click the Console icon in the upper right-hand corner next to the Reset Machine button.
- The Virtual Machine Console appears below and provides detailed information as the test executes.
- Close the Virtual Machine Console by clicking the Close Console button.
If you have any questions, reach out to us at [email protected].
Updated 11 days ago