Rainforest supports notifying you and your team of results directly in Slack as they happen. Visit your Integrations settings page to get Slack notifications for Run Completions, Run Errors, Webhook Timeouts, and Test Failures.
You can filter notifications by tags or folders if you prefer to get specific notifications.
- Make sure you are logged into Rainforest and your Slack account from the web browser.
- Navigate to your Rainforest Integrations page and select "Slack" from any of the dropdown menus next to the notification events:
If this is the first time a Slack integration has been configured you will need to allow access between Rainforest and Slack.
- After this connection has been allowed, you'll be taken back to the Rainforest
Integrations page where you can configure notifications to be received in any
Slack channel of your choice.
- You will need to repeat the process for each notification you wish to receive.
You will receive Slack notifications like the one (Slack notification for when a run is completed successfully)
- Run Completion (pictured above) includes a summary of the run name, when it was started, the environment it ran against, duration, and a link to see all the passing tests
- Run Error will inform you when any run has an error, alongside a helpful message explaining what the error was
- Test Failure: this notifies you of individual test failures, and includes a link to the test and tester comments directly in Slack, along with a link to the failing test. It's useful if you have a mature, stable test suite and not recommended if you expect many individual test failures. Proceed with caution!
Additionally, if you would like to receive system status notifications to a slack channel, add our RSS feed.
/feed subscribe https://status.rainforestqa.com/history.rss
Visit this link for more details.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] or through Intercom!
Updated 3 months ago