After writing your test, you can validate it by running it in Draft mode. Draft runs execute the same way as production runs, except they are tagged as Draft. This allows you to sort and filter your runs. Note that draft results are not included in analytics.
Running Automation draft runs isn’t required but provides an additional check to ensure the test executes without issues before getting added to a run group. We suggest running your test in Draft mode if you plan to utilize the Tester Community. For more information, see Testing with the Tester Community.
- While in the Visual Editor, click the Settings icon (gear) in the navigation bar to open the test settings. See Visual Editor Test Settings Glossary for additional information.
- Toggle “Set this test to draft” to On and close Settings.
- Click Run Draft in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- Set How this run will be executed to “Automation Service,” or select “Change” to run using the Tester Community if desired.
- If using the Automation Service, make sure Platform matches the platform you used to create the test.
- Click Start Draft Run.
- Review the results on the Results page.
If you have any questions, reach out to us at [email protected].
Updated 7 months ago